Hi Michael,

Are you generating html or xhtml?
And which JSF implementation/version are you running tomahawk on?

For html, a CDATA tag should not be needed, as <script> tags have special
parsing rules in html.

For xhtml, things like "&&" do indeed need to be escaped, and CDATA is best.
This Jira issue says it is already handled by myfaces-core:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-722

I am a little surprised, but that would be good.

Just as a side-comment, I would prefer to wrap scripts in cdata
(a) only for xhtml; for html it is not needed as the <script> tag has special
parsing rules.
(b) in xhtml, only when the script really contains something that needs
escaping.

The pages that myfaces generates are far too bloated already, and adding
unnecessary text would be bad.

Regards,

Simon