I just thought i would update regarding this issue. Damon thanks for taking
time to giving me some suggestions. What i found in all this painful
experiment is i had no luck running the application with Application
Classloader as PARENT_LAST, WAR Classloader policy as MODULE & Web Module
Classloader as PARENT_LAST. I even tried running a simple welcome page
application same behaviour that i was getting blank page. In the trace i can
see the request was getting processed by WAS and getiing dispatched but when
the response is sent i get a blank page (dunno why still remains as a
mystery)

  Then i tried setting Application Classloader as PARENT_FIRST and WAR
Classloader policy as APPLICATION and WAR Classloader as PARENT_LAST but ran
into some jdom.jar conflict where i found WAS 5.1.x was loading jdom.jar
(version 0.7 beta) wherea our applicaion needs jdom-1.0.jar. As a workaround
i copied the jdom.jar to application lib folder and was able to successfully
run my application.
  This classloading combination is the only combination where i can get the
application up and running successfully.

thought this might help someone who run into the situation.
thanks,

mchandir wrote:

> yes i tried including the jar you mentioned no luck :-( would you be able
> to confirm that when u deployed in WAS 5.1.x what version of WAS you were
> using? What was the enterprise application classloader mode? what was the
> WAR classloader policy? and what was the webmodule's Classloader mode?
>  Becoz if i set the Webmodule's classloader mode to PARENT_FIRST, i was
> succesfully able to log in to my application and navigate but having some
> java.lang.verifyError errors here and there and i think it is becoz of the
> JDOM version conflict as we are bundling our own version. So i would want
> to set the classloader mode to PARENT_LAST.
>

> Damon Weyant wrote:
>>
>> Another quick suggestion:
>>
>> I was comparing the list of JAR files you have in your application
>> compared to the applications we have up and running in WebSphere...we
>> have the commons-el-1.0.jar file in our WEB-INF/lib folder, but that Jar
>> file was not included in your list of JARs in your application.  It's a
>> shot in the dark, but who knows ;-)
>>
>> - Damon

>>> 5.1.1.15 and having trouble invoking the index page. I am using
>>> MyFaces
>>> 1.1.5 and tomahawk 1.1.6. I also went through this link
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Websphere_Installation and still not
>>> working.
>>> I want my Classloader mode to be PARENT_LAST for both application and
>>> Web Module as my application needs it. This works fine on Websphere
>>> 6.0.2. I was able to successfully deploy the application to WAS
>>> 5.1.1.15 with one additional jar file (jsp-api.jar) which is not part
>>> of WAS 6.0.2 deployment.
>>> Has anyone successfully deployed MyFaces 1.1 on Websphere 5.1.x? if so
>>> do i need any additonal jar file. Right now i have
>>>
>>> commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
>>> commons-codec-1.3.jar
>>> commons-collections-3.1.jar
>>> commons-digester-1.6.jar