Hi Adam,
Got that too, drived me nuts. Still don't know exactly what was going on, but one of the things I did was deleting the Tomcat Work directory, I 'think' that was when it went OK again.(I'm referring to the h:commandLink problem only)
Paul.

Adam Jenkins wrote:
hmmm, it's not just file upload...I have a h:commandLink inside a s:modalDialog that doesn't fire the action method (it fires a refresh of the page, but just doesn't execute the backend action method)...anyone seen this kind of behaviour before?

*/Adam Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Hi All,

    I've got a file upload component inside a modal dialog (sandbox
    modalDialog).  Weirdest thing...upload works fine when just on the
    page...works fine with value change listeners and binding by
    value="#{mybean.file} triggered by commandLink.  However when I
    put exactly the same tag inside a s:modalDialog it stops
    working...value change listener stops firing and when I view the
    value of mybean.file in the action method (which is correctly
    triggered from a commandLink in the modalDialog), the value is
    null (viewed through debugger variable inspector).  Even if I use
    a HtmlInputFileUpload and use the binding attribute...same deal,
    works in the page, but getUploadedFile() returned null when it's
    inside the modalDialog.

    I'm using myfaces 1.2.2, tomahawk 1.1.6 and sandbox 1.1.7 nightly
    from a couple of days ago

    Anyone have any suggestions or seen this thing before?  Is it just
    me, am I doin something stupid?

    Cheers
    Adam