And again...

Browser hacks don't help with skinning icons! Which isn't too surprising
when
you consider how icon skinning things are treated...

For example I have the following:

/* This looks fine in IE6 but not in FF2. In FF2 "margin-top: -12px" would
    have been appropriate. Note: @agent doesn't work for icons... */
af|inputDate::launch-icon {
        content: url(/css/images/dateInput.gif);
        margin-top: -3px;
        margin-left: -9px;
}

Those settings don't end up in the generated .css files but in the rendered
pages  source code :

/jsf-prototype/css/images/dateInput.gif

Thus, whatever browser hack you might try (e.g. "* html
af|inputDate::launch-icon ...)
- and which well makes it to the generated .css - is overwritten by the
img's
style-attribute :-(

Has anyone have any clue how to skin icons for different browsers currently?

Thanks, Carsten