Hi!
> many thanks for your tips. I checked the phase-listener solution, but
> it's a little dirty.
> The resource request skips phases 2-5. And the after RESTORE_VIEW
> callback is not called.
> In the before callback I do not know how to get the view id. As a
> solution i check the source component of the phase event.
> If it starts with org.ajax4jsf.resource.ResourceLifecycle I tell
> orchestra to ignore the request.
It is really weird that serving a resource kicks in the jsf lifecycle.
However, I think the first thing to do is to allow using regexp to match
the request one would like to ignore.
The second thing we (probably) should do is to ignore "well known"
requests. Even if it is weird, I'd like to see Orchestra dealing with
these requests out of the box. Nothing is more depressive than a library
you would like to use which just do not (easily) work in you
environment. JSF 2.0 might make things easier as then serving a resource
is more standardized ... lets hope everyone is following that spec then.

> It's not beautiful but it seems to work.
Yepp ... and it would not be any more beautiful if Orchestra do it that
way, but if there is no other way ... well ... what the heck ... letz
check for that thing.
Would be great if you could post your final solution so that we could
consider using it in Orchestra.

Ciao,
Mario