From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The servlet container should have a "PageLocator" layer that makes JSP page
> location transparent to upper layer, so that JSP can be in filesystem,
> database
> or internet.

The an issue here is that it breaks the deployment model for an enterprise
application.  Versioning a DB is not as easy as installing an ear.

But, you'd think it would be possible to plug in a JCR like jackrabbit.  I
don't known how that would work.  You might ask on apache jackrabbit.

Oracle has a product called DMS that hooks into the OC4J jsp engine some how.
I want to say that it provides it's own class loader that manages all XML
files.

I've played with this idea in Shale Clay but didn't have a real world use case
for it and didn't take it any further.

Gary

> Jason King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Theoretically you could, but then you'd have to write it to the
> filesystem and recompile. It would make for a very slow system.
> Dave wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Normally JSF pages are package in a war file. Is it possbile to put a
> > JSF page in database, and loaded dynamically and rendered? What I
> > like to achieve is layout design that can be dynamically added.
> >
> > Thanks for any idea.
> > Dave

> > http://mail.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com