If I use a dynamic date pattern in a <f:convertDateTime>, the pattern seems to be read only once at first page rendering, and never again, not even if its input component is rendered again (using PPR), for instance:

   <f:convertDateTime pattern="#{bean.mask}"/>

I see the value updating when clicking "saveBtn", but using the old pattern.
Is there any way to force reading the pattern again, without refreshing the whole page?
Any ideas? Regards, Paul.