I'm confused by this. Myfaces 1.2.2 shouldn't work with Websphere 6.1, you'll need a J2EE5 web container to use JSF1.2. You'll need to, therefore, use JSF1.1. In JSF 1.1, there was no getState method on ResponseStateManager. My guess is you are using an application or renderkit written for JSF 1.2 and you are trying to use it with the MyFaces 1.1.5 container.

Here is my advice, either

1. Downgrade your application to use JSF 1.1. Make sure that you downgrade any renderkits you may be using to their 1.1 equivalents (for instance, Trinidad 1.1.x is for JSF 1.1 while Trinidad 1.2.x is for JSF 1.2). Then deploy to the server using MyFaces 1.1.x..

2. Upgrade your server to support J2EE5 and deploy using MyFaces 1.2.2.

Scott

Christian Koelle wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to migrate my jetty:run-alike myfaces application to Websphere 6.1,
i.e. the Websphere bundled in IBM's Rapid Application Developer.

No matter wether I use Myfaces 1.1.5 or Myfaces 1.2.2, I get the following
error if I deploy and start the application:

"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax/faces/render/ResponseStateManager.getState(Lj..."

Please note that I have set the classloading to "Classes loaded with application
class loader first".

Any ideas? Every hint appreciated and thanks in advance.

Regards
Christian Kölle