Hi Marcello,

you are getting at the view-root in your m-bean constructor like this

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot();

?

This will return null in the cases where the view has not been
created/set yet. The question is now when your constructor is called -
you can easily debug your code to find out, put a break-point in the
constructor. I would imagine you are in the restore-view-phase, and
the view has not yet been created or set into the FacesContext.

Generally, I don't see why you do this in the constructor - you should
not initialize anything in your constructor really.

regards,

Martin