because of your filename ending (jspx) I think you are rendering xhtml. may be you are running into the issue [#TRINIDAD-1139] partial submit (for ppr) does not work for content type xhtml (_submitPartialChange() does not submitForm() for xhtml) - ASF JIRA . Vote for it and it will be fixed sooner. meanwhile you can debug the javascript code with firebug to verify that it is this issue.
hth
burghard.