I'm using the <trh:script> tag to call an applet method and it creates this error. (document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData is not a function ).

This is how I'm using it:
<trh:script text="function updateApplet()
 {document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData();}" />

The document.applets[0].rebuildChartUsingCurrentData(); works when not in a Trinidad/JSF page. The updateApplet() is called on an onClick event

                      id="mybutton"
                      partialSubmit="true"
                      actionListener="#{lotBean.doSomething}"
                      partialTriggers="mybutton"
                      onclick="updateApplet()"/>

I've tried it without success using just a script tag as well. Is there some limitation that prevents the <trh> tag from accessing applets? Is there some other way of doing this inside a jsf page?

Thanks
Al