Hi!

I use richfaces 3.1.4, myfaces orchestra 1.2,myfaces 1.1.5,

We use RichFaces 3.2.1 with Orchestra without any problems, even with ajax. I can't say much about 3.1.4, though.

To mask sure a a4j request will break orchestra conversation, I build a demo project, here are the code segment.

As long as JSF 2.0 isn't out of the door the different ajax implementations will make us headache. However, Simon committed a patch yesterday which probably sovles your problem. Simon changed the way how Orchestra detects that access scoped beans have to be discarded.

Would it be possible for you to try the latest Orchestra svn head version?

You can find a nightly build here [1]. But I don't know if it is actual enough ... looks like one day behind to me.
Best will be to build from source as described here [2].

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/orchestra/
[2] http://myfaces.apache.org/orchestra/download.html