As quoted from Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Gertjan van Oosten schrieb:
> >In trying to build 1.1.7 myself, I noticed that
> >
> >  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/tags/1_1_7/site/pom.xml
> >
> >still refers to tomahawk-project-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT
> >
> Hmm..a side-effect of the release process.
>
> In order to use mvn release-plugin without deploying sandbox, it was
> commented out in the pom (see the top-level pom in the tagged dir). So
> then the plugin did not update the sandbox pom version number.

It is not in the sandbox/, but in the site/.  Now this doesn't get built
either, so it's no big deal to me, but it seemed like an oversight.

> Alternatively, we could remove the sandbox subdir from the tagdir.

Please don't do that; that would make it very hard to build a
tomahawk-sandbox that is compatible with the 1.1.7 release of tomahawk
(i.e. one would have to search for the proper svn revision(s) to
checkout in order to get a matching copy of the source code).
As it is now one can check out the tagged version then build one's own
copy of sandbox 1.1.7.

> There is absolutely *no* testing of sandbox against tomahawk as part
> of the tomahawk release process, so the state of sandbox at the time a
> tomahawk release was made is really not very relevant.

Well, it *is* relevant in the sense that e.g. when stuff that has been
moved from the sandbox to the core, the sandbox at that point in time
will have the 'right' classes removed etc. and so be 'compatible' with
the core.  That at least is something one can depend upon: a published
snapshot of the sandbox will most likely match a published snapshot of
the core from the same time.

> But IMO the easiest option is probably the best here: just leaving
> things as they are.

Yes please.

-- Gertjan van Oosten, Principal Consultant, West Consulting B.V.
-- [EMAIL PROTECTED]     +31 15 2191 600       www.west.nl