Simon Kitching wrote:

> But it should not be an error if such a bean does not exist. Like
> problem #1, this could be due to SpringBasicFrameworkAdapter reporting
> errors where we really just are checking whether something exists or
> not.

Yep, and that looks to be the case. The FrameworkAdapter.getBean method is
intended (and documented) to just return null when the specified bean does
not exist. But the SpringBasicFrameworkAdapter simply calls Spring directly,
which throws an exception instead.

I've committed a fix for this (r703431). Hope this fixes your issue...

Regards,
Simon