I am dynamically adding child components to a form via the forms's binding, <h:form .. binding="#{myBean.form}" />. My current challenge is related to the valueChangeListner. Specifically the listener is not called on the first change, but is called twice on the second change. In addition the property being changed is updated in the response as expected on both the first and second change.

1) Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior out of the listener?

2) Are their some issues/pointers/pitfalls I should be aware of when dynamically adding child components to an existing bean?

Paul Spencer