Hmm. I know myfaces had a bug where resource-bundles are not available
during the postback phase.

I wonder if that ever got fixed. If not, that might be the cause.
Usually resource-bundles are not needed during postback; generation of
text output is done during rendering. Except that *validation messages*
are of course resolved during the postback phase.

I suggest you search the myfaces JIRA system to see if you can find an
existing issue related to resource-bundles and postback. If so, then
that's the problem. As a workaround, you might try writing a
PhaseListener that always stores your resource-bundle into the current
request scope; that should be about 10 lines of code.

Anyway even using a simple literal for the label is at least better than
what you had before, right?

Regards,
Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)