We created the org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml
package directory under our project source directory and put the
ChooseDateRenderer.java class there. The class loader should then pick
up the class from the WEB-INF/classes directory before it gets to
search the jar. Try putting a logging statement in the code to see if
the patched ChooseDateRenderer class is being used.

Note that this patch only fixes the problem with tr:inputDate. There
is a general problem with selectOneChoice dropdown lists and
lightweight dialogs with IE6. To fix the problem on lightweight
dialogs that have dropdown we use the following javascript function

function dialogComponentRefresh() {
   var arg = dialogComponentRefresh.arguments;
   for(i=0;i<arg.length;i++) {
      if(document.getElementById(arg[i]) != null) {
        document.getElementById(arg[i]).style.cssText = 'display:
inline !important; visibility: visible !important;';

and run it using the onload attribute of the tr:document tag.

We still have the minor problem of select boxes on a page disappearing
when a lightweight dialog is displayed and reappearing when the dialog
is closed.

-Richard