To: "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Tobago] Problem with NonFacesRequestServlet (correction)

Hello Helmut,

I asume you are using facelets?
Which JSF Implementation are you using?
In a internal project I switched from myfaces impl to sun ri because of
this issue.

Regards

Bernd

Helmut Swaczinna schrieb:
Hi,

I just tried to use the NonFacesRequestServlet but I got a problem I can't
solve. The servlet is
called and the initial page is displayed as expexted. But when I execute an
action on the page
the URL is prepended with the servlet name and cannot be resolved:

This is the initial URL wich calls the NonFacesRequestServlet

http://localhost:8080/MyWebapp/OpenMediaRequest.jsf?titel=abc

When I execute an action the URL is

http://localhost:8080/MyWebapp/OpenMediaRequest.jsf/edit.xml;jsessionid=59135BB960B04D4B759D5ECFAB6074FA

This is my web.xml

 <context-param>
   <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
   <param-value>.xml</param-value>
 </context-param>

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
   <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>OpenMediaRequestServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>de.wlps.ndr.workflow.beitragsid.webapp.web.OpenMediaRequestServlet</servlet-class>

   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

 <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>OpenMediaRequestServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/OpenMediaRequest.jsf</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

and my faces-config.xml

 <navigation-rule>
   <navigation-case>
     <from-outcome>edit</from-outcome>
     <to-view-id>/edit.xml</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
 </navigation-rule>

This is the NonFacesRequestServlet

public class OpenMediaRequestServlet extends NonFacesRequestServlet {

 private static final Log LOG =
LogFactory.getLog(OpenMediaRequestServlet.class);

 public String invokeApplication(FacesContext facesContext) {

   String titel =
(String)facesContext.getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap().get("titel");

   LOG.info("invokeApplication: titel='" + titel + "'");

   return "edit";

Did I something wrong? I don't think so. I'm using Tobago 1.013. Please
help!

Regards
Helmut