Hi Petr,

Juza Petr schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have noticed that our application generates the following error (to
> standard output):
> Exception in thread
> "org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationWiperThread"
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.findConver
> sationContextId(ConversationManager.java:140)
>         at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.removeAndI
> nvalidateConversationContext(ConversationManager.java:343)
>         at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationManager.checkTimeo
> uts(ConversationManager.java:626)
>         at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationWiperThread._run(C
> onversationWiperThread.java:113)
>         at
> org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.ConversationWiperThread.run(Co
> nversationWiperThread.java:90)
>

> I haven't found any visible effects of this error in the application.
>

> We use MyFaces Orchestra version 1.3, JSF 1.2, MyFaces (1.2.4)
> implementation with Tomahawk (1.1.7), jdk1.5.0_16 and facelets (1.1.14).

I've had a quick look at the code, and it does look like an orchestra
bug. I've therefore created an issue:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORCHESTRA-34

As noted in that bugreport, the effect is that conversation and
conversation-context timeouts are disabled, as the wiper thread stops.
But there should be no other side-effects. As long as you use
access-scoped conversations, and correctly close your manual-scoped
conversations there will be no problem. For "abandoned" manual-scoped
conversations, the memory will be "leaked" until the user's http-session
expires.

I'm not sure why I don't see this exception in my logs; I'll look into
this when I can find some free time.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards, Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)