Actually, he just said a million users - nothing about concurrent.

Is this wired up to a database? Is a database connection being opened for each user, or is it a connection pool? What does the query look like? How many rows on average are you asking the data table to render? I guess I am asking if you are 100% sure it's JSF, or if maybe it's got to do with some other aspect of the application.

There are parts of an application when, for performance reasons, you have to leave the high-level tools (JSF, Hibernate, Spring) and code lower to the silicon. Every Hibernate application I've worked on has had SQL over a plain JDBC connection for performance reasons.

David

Richard Yee wrote:
What kind of server and how many are you running on? How many CPUs and
how much memory? How are you testing it? You might have to tune your
database and # of database connections. A million concurrent users is
pretty unrealistic.

-R

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Shasi Mitra Yarram