Dear Simon,

you're right, im sorry, Im using the version 1.2.03 of RI JSF. Yes I know there is a newer version also from orchestra. But first I tried to understand the problem than just to upgrade the version of my frameworks b/c I allways had a lot other problems than ...
let me describe it a bit more:

i include the SessionTimeoutFilter because I hope to find something there. If the session-timeout occurs, ill be redirected to the login page. If I relogin now, first I can stop in that filter. But the session is valid, but its a new one. If i would know what to do here everything would be fine:

1. I need to recognize that the user is coming from the loginpage ( and not from another party of my app ) 2. than I need to delete the restored stuff ( request URL or whatever) that will be crash my app or frameworks in the next second.

as described in the servlet spezfication : " If the user is authorized, the client is redirected to the resource using the stored URL path. " this seems to be the problem , im not sure what all is transported in that url, or if there are more infos in it, but I think that maybe the orchestra or something around it, doesnt like the garbage from the "user before.."

thanks again for helping me...

Regards,

Filip

Simon Kitching schrieb:
I don't think this is anything to do with Orchestra.

 WARNUNG: executePhase(RESTORE_VIEW1,
    org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.lib.jsf.
     orchestrafacescontextfactor...@108e435)
 threw exception
  java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
  com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(
   RestoreViewPhase.java:163)

says that Sun's class RestoreViewPhase.java:163 threw the exception, and
that it happened to be called from an executePhase that had an
OrchestraFacesContextFactory instance as a parameter.

It doesn't mean that the OrchestraFacesContextFactory class had anything
to do with the problem. It *might* be something related to orchestra,
but you would have to look at that line in the Mojarra (Sun JSF RI)
source code to tell what the actual problem is.

And as Kito pointed out, you really MUST say what software versions you
are using if you want help. Even after Kito pointed this out, you still
have not said what version of Mojarra you are using...

And by the way, Orchestra 1.3 is available...

Regards,
Simon

Filip Lyncker schrieb:
Dear Kito,

We are using JSF(RI) and Orchestra.core v1.2 ... so do you have some
ideas for me?

thanks & regards,

filip

Kito Mann schrieb:
Folio,

Which version of the reference  implementation are you using, and
which version of Orchestra?

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.jsfcentral.com
http://www.Virtua.com