On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 12:57 -0800, Heiß Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a webapplication using myfaces 1.2.6 / tomahawk 1.1.8 and
> richfaces 3.2.2 and tested this application successfully using a local
> tomcat 6 webserver.
> Now i tried to depoly the application to our windows 2003 x64 testserver who
> also runs tomcat 6, but now i got one error message after the other.
>
> When i call an action or actionListener i get and BadPaddingException or
> ViewExpiredException every time.
> I have read the issue MYFACES-1838 but the workarounds (set secret, turn off
> encryption, server side state saving) did not help me. Even they lead to new
> exceptions that tells me that the stream header is currupt.
> (StreamCorruptedException)
>
> Now i simply do not know where to search for errors, because the application
> is working on my local server tomcat server without problems.

I suspect you have made some mistake when following the instructions you
found. As far as I know, the BadPaddingException is *always* caused by
the server trying to decode encrypted client-side state using a
different key than the data was encrypted with.

If you have really disabled encryption on the server, then AFAIK this
exception cannot happen. Therefore you must still have encryption
enabled....

You can certainly tell whether you have correctly switched from
client-side-state to server-side-state: just look at the html generated
for a simple page. If there is a hidden field with a large amount of
ascii-encoded data in it, then you still have client-side-state-saving
turned on (possibly encrypted or not; that's harder to tell from just
looking at the field in the html).

Regards,
Simon