Madhav Bhargava schrieb:
> Hi All,
>

> I was under the impression that Value change listeners will be called
> only when there is no validation exception on the page. However on my
> page if there is a validation failure and a message is displayed to the
> user. Now if the user changes a value say in a drop down and a value
> change listener is attached to it then it gets called.
>

> Following is the code for the drop down:
>

> <t:panelGrid columns="2">
>
>                 <s:selectOneRow id="radioLayerOne" groupName="selection"
>
>                                 value="#{ppmdController.selectedRow}"
>

> disabled="#{ppmdController.selectedValue  ||
> benefitController.disableScreenElements ||
> templateOverviewController.disableScreenElements }"
>

> valueChangeListener="#{ppmdController.checkForErrors}">
>
>                                 <f:selectItem itemValue="ABC"
> itemLabel="" id="rad"></f:selectItem>
>
>                                 <a4j:support event="onclick" id="ajaxOne"
>

> reRender="Rx_Quantity,id_minQty,id_minDaySupply,Days_Supply,id_strtrDose,id_strtrDoseBypassDays,id_strtrDoseMaintBypassDays,id_maxRetailDays,txtNoMoreThanFills,menuAlwdPerOptn,calStrtDate,chkboxDeductible,chkboxOutOfPkt,chkboxMaxBft,menuMailSrvc,id_CmpQty,selectedProvider,selectedNetwork,selectedClaims,myPpmdfloater"
>

> actionListener="#{ppmdController.fetchLayerTwo}"
>

> oncomplete="Richfaces.hideModalPanel('ajaxLoadingModalBox');enableMaxRxQtyDysSplyPPMD();">
>
>                                 </a4j:support>
>
>                 </s:selectOneRow>
>
> </t:panelGrid>
>

> Should the value change listener be called when there is a validation
> exception?
>

>Simon wrote:
>
>The spec is clear that a ValueChangeEvent should only occur if
>validation passes. I've got a copy of the JSF2.0 early draft handy, and
>in section 3.2.6.3:
>
><quote>
>EditableValueHolder is a source of ValueChangeEvent events, which are
>emitted when the validate() processing of the Process Validations phase
>of the request processing lifecycle determines that the previous value
>of this component differs from the current value, and all validation
>checks have passed (i.e. the valid property of this component is still
>true).
></quote>
>
>However before you report a bug, please check whether this still happens
>in a plain MyFaces environment. I see you are using tomahawk + sandbox +
>a4j all together here, which is a complex combination.
>
>And when you have questions, you should always specify what version of
>MyFaces and what version of Java you are using. Neither of those
>critical pieces of information are in your original email.
>
>Regards,
>Simon

Apologies for not mentioning the JSF version. Here are the details:

Sun JSF RI 1.1_02
Tomahawk 1.1.7
Tomahawk-sandbox 1.1.7
Richfaces - 3.1.6

I will create a simple JSF project and will try out the same thing and if I
find the same behavior I will post a bug.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Madhav

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.