For normal command-button usage, the current html page is submitted and
*completely* replaced by a new HTML page. So it makes no sense to talk
about running javascript "after" the action.

Are you perhaps using these command-buttons within an AJAX pane, and
want some javascript to execute after the AJAX request that the button
triggers has completed?