Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply.
I am currently using Internet Explorer 7. It is not possible to use
Firefox for my web project.
I am already using the extension filter as mentioned at the given link.
Here is my web.xml containing all necessary inputs:

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    </filter-mapping>
    <servlet>

I am using *.faces urls therefore is the url-pattern set to this file
extension.
I only see the following java Script tags in my renederd JSF File:
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/mywebapp/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/12385798/inputTextHelp.HtmlTextHelpRenderer/inputTextHelp.js">

Is it possible to set this required java script js file manually?
I am using Websphere Application Server 6.1

Thanks,
Klaus

Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
01.04.2009 11:31
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

An
MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: TOMAHAWK< t:inputCalendar java script problem popup

Klaus SCHUSTER schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a t:inputCalendar tag from Tomahawk 1.1.8:
> [code]
> <t:inputCalendar id="mycal"
>  addResources="false"
>  monthYearRowClass="yearMonthHeader"
>  weekRowClass="weekHeader"
>  popupButtonStyleClass="standard_bold"
>  currentDayCellClass="currentDayCell"
>  value="#{BB.geburtsdatum}"
>  renderAsPopup="true"
>  popupTodayString="Heute ist der: "
>  helpText="MM/DD/YYYY">
> </t:inputCalendar>
> <h:outputText value="#{BB.geburtsdatum}" />
> [/code]
>
> geburtsdatum is a DATE in my BB with its getter and setter.
> The t:inputCalendar is embedded in an form.
> When I open the JSF Page with Internet Explorer 6 I get the following
> JavaScript error:
> [code]
> org_apache_myfaces_PopupCalendar() is undefined
> [/code]

Does this happen with browsers more modern than IE6? That is pretty old...

The other likely issue is to do with the ExtensionsFilter. Somewhere in
the generated HTML page there should be something that looks roughly like

<script
src="/mywebapp/faces/myfacesExtensionResource/123456/inputCalendar.js">
</script>

This is what loads the javascript that the calendar component needs. But
these urls require you to set up the tomahawk ExtensionsFilter, as
described by this page:
  http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

If you use firefox, then the "live http headers" extension will tell you
whether the url loads correctly or not.

Regards, Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail dient ausschließlich
Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschäftliche Erklärungen dürfen über dieses Medium
nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information purposes.
This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding
communications.