You can open a popup from a button click with something like:

onclick="TrPanelPopup.showPopup('popupMostraErros_popupContainer',
'popupMostraErros', event, 'click','centered',true,0,0,0,0); return true;"

Using the
ExtendedRenderKitService<http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/apidocs/index.html>you
can send the javascript code from the server side java.

Regards,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br