Thank you for the quick answer,
this is the information I wanted to know. It is well described in JavaDoc
http://myfaces.apache.org/orchestra/myfaces-orchestra-core/apidocs/org/apache/myfaces/orchestra/CoreConfig.html#SERIALIZE_REQUESTS,
but I didn't find this information on the project web page.
Generally I also think it is bad idea to change default concurrency behavior
of accessing to scoped objects and even not advise of it.

Regards Vojtech

RE: Concurrent requests and Orchestra

Mario Ivankovits
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:26:25 -0700

Hi!

A PersistenceContext is not thread safe, therefore, Orchestra tries to avoid

that by locking the request.
It would be nice, if Orchestra does this just for requests requireing a
PersistenceContext. But till today, we did not manage to spend some time to
optimize that code.

You can set the webapp init parameter
org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.CoreConfig:SERIALIZE_REQUESTS to false so that
Orchestra does not check for thread safety.

You then have to ensure threadsafety against the PersistenceContext yourself

(which might not be easy … not to say, impossible :-( )

Ciao,
Mario