Paul,

I would think that the only relevant encoding for the downloaded file is
the encoding you use while writing it (your item #3). What is the target format?
What application are you using to read the file?

Max Starets

Paul Mander wrote:
Another day, another encoding problem. This time I'm having problem getting
Turkish characters to output correctly using the fileDownloadActionListener
component.

I have 3 possible places I can specify the encoding.
1) the contentType of on the component itself

contentType="text/csv;charset=iso-8859-9"

2) the xml page encoding of the markup

3) The code that I use to generate the file

OutputStreamWriter w = new OutputStreamWriter(out, "iso-8859-9");

None of these or any combinations of this encoding and utf-8 results in a
file that has the correct encoding for a number of Turkish character.

In particular, the problem characters appear to be:

İı