Hi Ricardo,

Did you try immediate = "true" in your selectOneChoice-dropdown?

Thanks
Mamallan

Ricardo Rog wrote:
Hello,

I want to change the state of a navigationBar via partial page request in
dependency of a value chosen in a selectOneChoice-dropdown. In the same form
are some required-fields. Whenever I enter the form (all required fields are
blank) and change the drop-down I get validation errors and the necessary
change of the navigationBar is prohibited. How can I suppress the validation
for this event only, so the navigationBar gets updated, but when I try to
navigate then validation should happen.

With kind regards

Ricardo Rog