After four hours of reading posts, tutorials, and docu, I am now going to throw
myself at the mercy of this user list.

The project I'm working on is using myfaces 1.1.4 in conjunction with tomahawk
and tiles.  Forget for a minute that we could upgrade to at least myfaces
1.1.7.  The versions of third party libraries are pretty much set in stone for
the project.

The problem is this:  I am trying to get a reference to a backing bean in an
action bean.  This is to say that I have two managed beans - one is a pojo to
collect the information from a simple web form, scoped to request.  The other
holds business logic, scoped to application, and has the method to be called by
the h:commandButton action attribute, referenced by EL.  What I want to happen
is when a user presses the save button, the commandButton component calls the
action method on the business object *magic happens* and the business object
gets a reference to the pojo with the information from the form.

I've been looking at integrating Spring Webflow into Myfaces in order to use
webflow's much better scoping for web conversations, but there's a section in
webflow's documentation that scares me:

http://static.springsource.org/spring-webflow/docs/2.0.x/reference/html/ch12s03.html
"The Spring Faces components require the use of Facelets instead of JSP, so the
typical Facelets configuration must be added as well when using these
components."

I don't want to use facelets because it isn't approved, and I cannot find any
definitive proof that I can use myfaces and tiles instead and still be able to
defer flows and IOC to spring webflow rather than the JSF context.

So.  Is there a way to get references to the pojo in the action bean, and
otherwise is there a way to defer to Spring webflow without having to use
Facelets?

John O'Grady
Dragon Tamer

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
disinclination to do so.
- Douglas Adams

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
- George Santayana

Qui tacet consentit
(Silence implies consent)