Hi,

at first I was using the default JSF 1.2 ComboBox (selectOneMenu) but then
switchted to the Trinidad equivalent (selectOneChoice) to get Ajax
functionality.

So far it's working fine, the only thing bothering me in comparison to the
selectOneMenu is, that the default selection is an empty element but I'd
like to have the first element of the bound list of SelectItems to be
preselected.

I tried it via setting the value of the selectOneChoice to the first element
of the list in the constructor of the bean, but that didn't work.
So is it even possible to make a preselection? And if so, how to achieve it?

Cheers
Simon