Hi

I remember this one. In apache myfaces portlet bridge there is an special
configuration to allow some params to be preserved between action request
and render request, so the state is not lost when it is used server side
state saving. The hack there looks like this:

<faces-config version="1.2" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
    xmlns:bridge="
http://www.apache.org/myfaces/xml/ns/bridge/bridge-extension";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd";>

    <application>

<view-handler>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.application.PortletViewHandlerImpl</view-handler>

<state-manager>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.application.PortletStateManagerImpl</state-manager>

<el-resolver>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.faces.el.PortletELResolver</el-resolver>
        <application-extension>
          <bridge:excluded-attributes>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>com.sun.faces.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>com.sun.faces.util.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.el.unified.resolver.managedbean.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.application.DefaultViewHandlerSupport.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>jsf_sequence</bridge:excluded-attribute>
          </bridge:excluded-attributes>
        </application-extension>
    </application>
</faces-config>

to check if this is what is happening, change your jsf state saving to
client. If so, there should be something in jboss portlet bridge that allows
do something similar. I have never tried it before (but good to know that
this bridge exists).

regards,

Leonardo Uribe