Hi Paul,

(I would have assumed that it would ignore the partial
> submit as the entire view needs updating).

Actually the action can respond a null value and the partial submit works
fine. I'm currently using this way, so I don't think the behavior you
described is a general issue, maybe a localized bug.

Cheers,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br