If you do a search for "jsf double submit" on google, you find a number of
hits.

The shale or seam token is one possibility if you are already using those
frameworks.

One here sounded very interesting:

======================================
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=665472

 BasheerShaik <http://forums.sun.com/profile.jspa?userID=645731>
Posts:3
Registered: 8/17/06
* Re: JSF How to prevent double click ?
 Aug 17, 2006 4:50 PM
<http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4345078#4345078> (reply 13 of
<http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4294753#4294753> ) *

Another possibility, although I haven't read it through:

http://jroller.com/mert/entry/jsf_preventing_double_form_submit