Seema, just a minor correction with my statement/ "BB5.0 which is Webkit based" , /It is BB6.0 which is a Webkit based browser.
- Mamallan

On 9/22/2010 4:39 AM, mamallan.utha...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Seema,

Please find my answers inline. The problem you are facing will happen only in BB 4.7 to BB5.0. I hope you won't have this issue with either BB5.0 which is Webkit based or other BB browsers with version less than 4.7 as they are considered as basic HTML browsers. You can start your development targeting these browser while we come up with a patch for BB 4.7 to BB5.0.

Thanks
Mamallan

On 9/22/2010 3:49 AM, Seema Richard (UST, IND) wrote:
Mamallan,
I have 2 questions here. 1. Will this problem occur only for button clicks or for other components also?
No, basically, it is not a button related issue, on button click we simply execute a few JavaScripts to set parameters like source. The problem here is JS code somehow fails to set the necessary parameters, so this problem can occurs in any component that can submit a page.
2. Will setting the source parameter as a hidden variable always serve as a work around?
There are components which requires parameters other than source, and also even if you set the source as a hidden parameter, how can you set the value? The value of the source hidden parameter is supposed to be set dynamically at the client side thru JavaScript, .
Thanks,
Seema

________________________________

From: mamallan.utha...@oracle.com [mailto:mamallan.utha...@oracle.com]
Sent: Wed 9/22/2010 3:57 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Trinidad] Problem using on Blackberry mobile

Hi Seema,

Finally, I reproduced your issue once I used our Trinidad's official
JSF1.2 release, unfortunately, there is no workaround as BB's JS engine
simply crashes becoz of some JavaScript code in Trinidad. Will create a
JIRA to fix this problem in our next release for JSF1.2. Hopefully, our
next release (don't know when) will be soon enough to resume your work
in BB..

Thanks
Mamallan