Any chance you can put together a simple/stripped down form of this use case and send to me? Yes, the <redirect /> works around the problem because it gets the bridge to think it should render the view in create mode (no existing state to restore) but its not clear that the the original way you coded it is incorrect. Hence I would like to take a look at the details of this (if possible) and see if its something that is a bug/needs to be fixed.
    -Mike-