Hi,

I have a window that opens another window which then opens another window
(Window 3). When I'm trying to call returnFromDialog from Window 3, it
sometimes throws a NullPointerException on this line:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeMap.discard(PageFlowScopeMap.java:341)
 at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.popPageFlowScope(PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.java:106)
 at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.RequestContextImpl.returnFromDialog(RequestContextImpl.java:125)

The NullPointerException is being thrown from this line:
_sharedData._parent._sharedData._children.removeOldEntry(childToken,
storeMap);
because the children attribute is null.

I tried to debug the code and whenever I have my breakpoint on this line, I
am able to replicate this exception.

What I have found so far is that the returnFromDialog creates a new request
to close the window. This new request is setting the children attribute to
null in the getToken() method. Whenever the children attribute is nulled
before the removeOldEntry is called from the discard() method, I get the
NullPointerException.

Is this a JSF bug or is there something I'm doing wrong with the dialogs?

I am currently using Trinidad 1.2.7.

Regards,
Jhoanna