Try changing the "compatibility mode" in IE. IE8 "almost always"
switches to IE7-compatible mode with Trinidad.
Also, you may get different result if you access your Trinidad app
with "http://machinename/..."; and "http://localhost/...";. As strange
as it sounds, IE has a different behavior when you use "localhost"
(and this has nothing to do with security parameters... Man I love
this browser !)

Regards,
Cedric