Hi Pieter!

This is more a CDI container question than a CODI question :)
>From the stacktrace you posted in an older post I saw that you are using
>Apache OpenWebBeans, right? good decision btw :D

Since I know a little bit about OWB, I'll try to explain ;)

Basically any Servlet inside your webapp already should have all things
correctly setup. If you are interested in the details then check OWBs
WebBeansConfigurationListener. If you are using CXFNonSpringServlet then the
Servlet itself will not be created by CDI, so the servlet instance itself is
not a CDI-managed object (Maybe there is some CXFCdiServlet in the future...)
This basically means that any @Inject inside this class will not get injected.

In this case you can use CODIs BeanManagerProvider to get access to a CDI
managed bean manually.
I use this trick with an old JAX-RS stack as well.

hope this helps!

LieGrue,
strub