Hi

First of all, the problem is related to glassfish. This container does
not provide a clear way to change of jsf implementation.

It is not that myfaces cannot run with glassfish, instead glassfish is
not kind with any other alternate jsf implementation.

The classloader flag is just a workaround in my opinion, but it works.
The message:

*Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use
only one of the two JSF-implementations.*

Just ignore it. Glassfish classloader will find myfaces jars first
than mojarra ones.

The other problem you are experiencing is related to the same
classloader flag. Since myfaces jars should be on WEB-INF/lib, those
jars cannot be found by weld, so to make it work, you need to use
another library like OpenWebBeans and put the related jar files on
WEB-INF/lib folder too. That will work but it is not ideal. Anyway,
most of the people will not care about this.

The right way to do it should be done from glassfish side, removing
mojarra jars and including myfaces ones in the container (not
including myfaces into the webapp). But that's not easy, because I
suppose it is necessary to check if glassfish internals will still
work, and it should exists an integration code between mojarra and
glassfish somewhere. Basically, glassfish does not provide a clean
extension point to do this.

Other containers like JBoss do things right, they provide a deployer
that uses myfaces integration code. See:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYFACES/Integration+with+application+and+web+servers

regards,

Leonardo Uribe