Hi Milo,

are you really 100% sure that this is possible with JSF 2.1 and Richfaces 4.2?
Did you verify that the requests are in parallel via logging or breakpoins?

I tried a few combinations of the richfaces queues which were not working in parallel.
Afaik the richfaces queues are on top of the JSF queue.
Nick Baleavski from Richfaces said this also (07/2011): https://community.jboss.org/message/614023#614023 "JSF 2 does not allow parallel AJAX requests, they are all being queued and then sent in the serial order."

Another comment from Richfaces discussions, looking for concurrent requests: https://community.jboss.org/message/648601#648601

For me this seems to be a major regression in JSF!
It does support "jax" now but no "Ajax"!
Could anybody explain this to me? It worked well with JSF 1.2.

Now I have to start new threads manually in a web container, which I really don't like.
And the migration to another JSF version is again not estimable at all.

vG
Michael