The severity levels can be used however they make the most sense in
your application.

For example, what you call a hint, I generally put in WARN severity
(although I probably only have one hint message).   I use INFO for
"saved successfully" messages.

You are however free to pick whatever levels you like for whatever
organization of messages makes the most sense.  My recommendation is
that you use INFO as the severity.