Hi

That is outside JSF 2.0 spec, so it is implementation specific.

The problem with that strategy is PSS algorithm. It is better to use
<ui:include src="#{}"> or <c:if ...> or <c:when ...> to achieve some
dynamic behavior over component tree, and let MyFaces take care of the
details behind PSS algorithm (mark initial state, store information
about dynamic behavior, ....).

regards,

Leonardo Uribe