Hi

I tried to create some code and I was able to reduce the time from
13238ms to 9192ms (the first time I get 7616ms, so the time can vary
according to the load).

I think in this case the problem is Spring more than MyFaces. The
results shows that Classpath.search is fast in GAE, and if you try to
reduce the time scanning /WEB-INF/lib/, you will get the same time.

Anyway, maybe it is a good idea to add a web config param:

org.apache.myfaces.GAE_JSF_JAR_FILES

To help MyFaces to find the jar file names under /WEB-INF/lib that
contains JSF annotations or related resources, and in that way prevent
scan the whole classpath when the application starts.

What do you think? it is worth to do it? Maybe this is now something
to discuss under myfaces dev list.

Suggestions are welcome.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

2012/5/23 Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>:
> [...]
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'javax.faces.FACELETS_RESOURCE_RESOLVER'
> found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'facelets.RESOURCE_RESOLVER' found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'javax.faces.FACELETS_SKIP_COMMENTS' found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'facelets.SKIP_COMMENTS' found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter
> 'org.apache.myfaces.MARK_INITIAL_STATE_WHEN_APPLY_BUILD
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter
> 'org.apache.myfaces.WRAP_TAG_EXCEPTIONS_AS_CONTEXT_AWAR
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.CACHE_EL_EXPRESSIONS'
> found, using
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.EXPRESSION_FACTORY'
> found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter
> 'org.apache.myfaces.INITIALIZE_ALWAYS_STANDALONE' found
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.439
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.LOG_WEB_CONTEXT_PARAMS'
> found, usin
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.440
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.FACES_INITIALIZER'
> found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:21.440
> org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams:
> No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.FACES_INIT_PLUGINS'
> found.
>    I 2012-05-23 01:44:24.228 This request caused a new process to be
> started for your application, and thus caused your application code to
> be loaded for the first time. This requ
>

> 2012/5/23 lucio piccoli <lu...@asteriski.com>:
>> hi  Leonardo
>>
>> what startup time are u  guys gettting with the deploy myfaces on appengine?
>>
>> -lp
>>
>> On 23 May 2012 15:12, Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> You need to take a look at:
>>>
>>> org.apache.myfaces.spi.FacesConfigResourceProvider
>>> org.apache.myfaces.spi.FaceletConfigResourceProvider