Well, then the problem is not the number of windows but the number of sessions
;)

In pure tomcat you can either restrict that or 'offload' them via a
configuration. There are SessionManagers which keep n Sessions in memory and if
this number gets exceeded the LRU ones will get persisted to the file system.
That way it's almost impossible to trash the Sessions in pure tomcat.

I have no clue what GlassFish does to prevent this scenario, but this is for
sure not a MyFaces, nor a CDI, nor a CODI problem ;)

LieGrue,
strub