This is the pattern defined by Seam 2 all the way and the assumption on which
it has been designed on first place...

I don't really understand your points, mostly I think because it seems you
describe patterns we don't use..

At high level, our classes are organized like this :
- "Managers" classes in SLSB ("Event/ Scope/stateless..). Manager provides generic function tied to a "business domain" (Customer, orders) and deal with the database common access (get a "Customer" list) or service (communicate with external systems) - "Controllers" classes in SFSB either in View/Page or Conversation scope. A controller is basically a JSF backing bean, handling one or many (wizards) views. They can also access the databse (Very if this customer already exist or can delegate this to a manager)
- "Managers" are only accessed from Controlers
- some POJOs (Usually conversation scoped to handle data used by many pages in
a conversation)
- and detached entities directly display in the presentation layer..

Sean 2 automatically discard the SFSB when the conversation ends

All our apps are architectured like this and this is great ! This works very well this way our apps are very clear and concise wit the controler/manager separation. No "dao" no transport layers or "extra wiring" structures

I would love to see what Gavin King would answer to you on this..lol

Again I don't follow you in your answer (Usage of ConversationScope etc..) vs
my initial post

Cheers