Hi all,

We are tying to migrate from Mojarra 2.0.2 to MyFaces 2.1.10 and made a strange
observation regarding entities.
Any entities are accepted by the parser but only valid XML entities are
rendered into the output. E.g. '>' or ' ' are rendered into the output
as expected, but ' ' or 'ö' are skipped. Even '&foobar;' is accepted
but not rendered.

We are using the doctype definition:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"; >

If we add entity definitions directly to the doctype declaration then these
entities are rendered correctly.
E.g.
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"; [
    <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
]>
will ensure that &nbsp; is rendered correctly. But for sure we can not add all
valid xhtml1-transitional entities to our doctype declaration.

Is there a configuration switch for getting the Mojarra behavior without
changing all XHTML files?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Möller, Dipl.-Inform. - OPS Software Development
  CeWe Color AG & Co. OHG, Meerweg 30-32, 26133 Oldenburg

OHG mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR A 1548;
Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Neumüller CeWe Color
Stiftung, Oldenburg
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender; Harald H. Pirwitz, Felix Thalmann,
Frank Zweigle, Dr. Michael Fries;
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Reiner Fageth, Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: CeWe Color Holding AG, Oldenburg,
Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 2956
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender; Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Reiner
Fageth, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper
Aufsichtsrat: Otto Korte, Vorsitzender