Hello! Thanks for the replies. I forgot to subscribe to the list so I will
link the previous mails Problem with converting to myfaces (custom
components) <http://markmail.org/message/nlhq5ceuufwcc7cn>

To clarify these are indeed custom components built from scratch. Similar
level to Richfaces 3.3.3 in complexity but home brewed completely so
there's a lot of code.

Leo, you are completely right about why our code breaks - it is adapted
only to mojarra. I am a fan of the myfaces project (that's why i'm working
on the switch) and I have no change requests.

I was just hoping for some advice on how to solve it.

Must I branch the logic in the code?

if (myfaces) {

}

else {

}

As I said it was a big mistake not testing with myfaces when the components
was built and I am just looking for the best way to clean up the mess :-)

Anyways I am very thankful for the project and fui it is my obvious first
choice. I am even willing to spend weeks on these components if need be.

Best regards / Karl