The output of DOCTYPE was related to another issue:

The XHTML that is embedded with ui:include had this as root element.
ui:composition as root element solved the problem.
- Side question: is this an official change from 2.1 to 2.2?

But there is still the issue that the composite component from the JAR is
not found:

The using page looks like this:

< ....
      xmlns:xma="http://openxma.codehaus.org/xmajsf";

    <xma:navbar .. brand="Test" />
    ..
</...>

The component is  in somelib.jar/META-INF/resources/xmajsf/navbar.xhtml and
looks like this

Beside there is a xmajsf.taglib.xml in the root of the same JAR:
<ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
xmlns:cc="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite";
    xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";>
<cc:interface componentType="Navbar">
<cc:attribute name="brand" required="true"/>
</cc:interface>
<cc:implementation>
</cc:implementation>
</ui:composition>

Beside there is this content in META-INF\xmajsf.taglib.xml inside the same
JAR:

<facelet-taglib version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facelettaglibrary_2_0.xsd";>
 <namespace>http://openxma.codehaus.org/xmajsf</namespace>
 <composite-library-name>xmajsf</composite-library-name>
</facelet-taglib>

What am I doing wrong?