Emilian Bold wrote:
> I don't believe FilterNode is designed for filtering that changes much the
> hierarchy structure.
>
> I recommend reading about
> http://bits.netbeans.org/8.1/javadoc/org-netbeans-spi-viewmodel/org/netbeans/spi/viewmodel/package-summary.html#package_description
>  which is more generic but should allow you easily to redesign the hierarchy.

Thank for you for the pointer; I wasn't aware of
org-netbeans-spi-viewmodel. (New to NetBeans and re-reading _The
NetBeans Platform for Beginners_, which doesn't cover that API.)

It looks to be more low-level, though. In particular, how would I react
to changes in the underlying mode? Currently, my Node and ChildFactory
subclasses listen to property changes of the model at the respective
levels. Who would be responsible to listen to model changes using the
view model API?

Best wishes,

Andreas

--